May 21, 2012

Tangerine Dream

I visited the U.S. for a few weeks in April and as soon as I scheduled the trip, I also made the decision that a new purse purchase would be in order. Why wait to buy it in the U.S. rather than in Italy?? Because TJ Maxx and Marshalls don’t exist in Italy of course! (And I'm not okay with this fact).

I had strict guidelines as to what I was searching for: a structured square/rectangular shape, two small handles and a satchel strap with chain links, great pockets and any color besides brown or black. I know it sounds like a lot to ask, but I wasn’t about to settle for anything less.

I looked for weeks until one day I walked into Marshalls and lo and behold, the perfect bag for me in four different colors! Deciding between pink, mustard yellow, tangerine and white wasn’t easy and I even made Corey model the different bags for me so I could see how they'd look. Ultimately, I chose tangerine, which coincidentally is the “it” color right now. I’m not normally one for orange and it took a little getting used to, but it wasn’t long before I became fully obsessed.



I also found a small scarf in my closet to tie to the handle and I think it breaks up the tangerine perfectly so the color doesn’t overwhelm. 



Do you usually know what you want in a purse before you go shopping? Would you ever incorporate something tangerine into your wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! We love hearing your thoughts!!